The Technical Services department’s goal is to provide professional advice to ensure project success within the Bimose Tribal Council member First Nations. The Technical Unit is comprised of engineers and technicians specializing in housing, solid waste management, water and waste water infrastructure, fire protection, project management and structural engineering. The Technical Unit believes a successful project is one where the community is informed and engaged throughout the lifespan of the project to ensure First Nations benefits of training, capacity building and First Nations benefits are maximized throughout the planning, design and construction stages of the project.
The Technical Services Department provides the following services to the member First Nations Communities:
- Asset evaluation, initial cost estimating, funding applications, and scope of work development,
- Development of technical documents including, request for proposals, request for qualifications and others as required,
- Production of detailed design drawings for housing construction projects and design and document review services for major capital projects,
- Inspection services during project constructions,
- Assisting in project coordination throughout all stages of the project and,
- Assisting in project reporting to the required parties.
"We walk to strengthen our Anishinaabe way and our goal is to build a better, stronger, healthier life for the Anishinaabeg"
- Our Vision