Membership Services

Service Hours:

9:00 - 4:00 p.m.

Appointments can be booked at reception by calling (807) 468-5551


Membership services we provide are: Life event registrations such as, Births, Deaths, Marriages, Divorces, Name Changes, Amendments, Band Transfers and Certificate of Indian Status (Status Cards). The Membership program assist in the issuance of Certificate of Indian Status Cards and maintaining an Indian Registry System.

When calling to book your appointment please provide as much information as you can. This includes Date of Birth, Full Name, First Nation, Contact information.

Bimose's Indian Registrar Administrator Kyra Adams can be contacted for further information on Membership Services. 


            dreamcatcher_spotcolour             kyra-adams              dreamcatcher_spotcolour


Bimose administers membership for the following First Nations: Ochiichagwe’Babigo’Ining Ojibway NationWabauskang First Nation and Affiliated Members of Bimose Tribal Council.  



Unfortunately, Bimose is currently only providing IRA(Indian Registrar Administrator) or Membership Clerk duties to the First Nations we manage: Ochiichagwe’Babigo’Ining Ojibway Nation and Wabauskang First Nation. Card stock is being prioritized for the two First Nations.

We are still able to assist in processing births, bill C-3 application, transfer, adoptions, and name change requests for any First Nation.

Alternative options to obtain your Certificate of Indian Status is to apply for the Secure CIS by mail or contact your First Nations IRA/Membership Clerk. Other First Nation IRA/s/Membership Clerks may be able to assist at their own discretion.

***PLEASE NOTE: Once you transfer over to the Secure Certificate of Indian Status system you are no eligible to apply for the laminate Certificate of Indian Status.




Acceptable ID over 18 years of age: (2 of the following OR 1 piece and a guarantor form)

  • Driver’s License
  • Health Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Fire Arms License
  • Provincial ID Card
  • Student ID Card
  • Nexus Card (counts as two pieces)
  • Passport (counts as two pieces)
  • Status Card (recent at least 6 months)


Costs are as follows: 

Bimose Administered First Nations:


First Cards 

Lost/Replacement Cards  


All other First Nations: 









*Important Information*

Status card services are by appointment only. 
Please note we only provide Membership Services are to Ochiichagwe’Babigo’Ining Ojibway Nation and Wabauskang First Nation. 
Status Cards can only be issued to an individual twice
during a full calendar year period.  
When you arrive for your appointment, please bring your old Status Card
if you have it, don’t wear any hats, sunglasses,
or headgear for your photo.




Forms to apply for a Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) can be found at our Central Office or in the downloads page 

   Downloads Page
Back to Administration
 Back to Home Page