Bimose Tribal Council Inc. in partnership with the University of Waterloo and The Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC) Presents:
Fundamentals of Community Economic Development YEAR 1 Certificate Program.
Hosted in Kenora, Ontario at Kiizhik Gakendaasowin
February 27 - March 3, 2017
Year 1 is about two things: building a strong foundation of knowledge in economic development, and building connections with your peers.
This course helps economic development professionals learn the basics of the field, from what an EDO really does, to measuring success. Generalists will learn strategies for handling the many and diverse tasks they're expected to do. Specialists will learn about the spectrum of economic development activities and become more insightful team members. Professionals of all types and experience levels will appreciate the peer-learning and networking opportunities.
- Evolution of Economic Development
- Regional Economic Development: Politics of Inclusion
- Marketing Your Community: An Integrated Approach
- Aboriginal Economic Development: Contect, Consultation, Opportunities and Partnerships
- Field Trip
- Analytic Techniques for Local Economic Development: Economic Impact Analysis
- Strategic Economic Planning: Aligning SEPs with Funding Opportunities
- Northern Economy Opportunities and Challenges
- Investment Readiness
- Contact Louie Seymour or Rene White at Bimose Tribal Council Inc. OR Contact your local Band Office
- Visit link to begin registration process → CLICK HERE
- When selecting payment option, please choose "Invoice" and input details provided, send complete copy to Louie Seymour/Rene White.
* Training Support Funded in part by Shooniyaa Wa-Biitong