Membership Services (Status Cards)

Bimose currently provides Status Card services to members of Wabauskang First Nation ON AN APPOINTMENT-ONLY BASIS.  Card stock is prioritized for this First Nation.

Other Membership Services we can assist with include:

  • Birth Registration Applications for all First Nations.
  • Reporting life events such as Births, Deaths, Marriages, Divorces, Name Changes, Amendments and Band Transfers for All First Nations.
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status Applications for all First Nations.

To make an appointment, please call 807-468-5551.

Please note:
We cannot provide advice or assistance regarding Estates, Adoptions, Tax Exemptions, Non-insured Health Benefits (NIHB), etc.
For more information, please contact Public Enquiries at 1-800-567-9604

Identification Requirements

Acceptable ID adults 16 and up: (2 of the following OR 1 piece and a guarantor form) 

  • Driver’s License
  • Health Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Fire Arms License
  • Provincial ID Card
  • Student ID Card
  • Nexus Card (counts as two pieces)
  • Passport (counts as two pieces)
  • Status Card (up to 6 months past the expiry date)


Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) Facilitation Program

Bimose Tribal Council (BTC) is collaborating with Indigenous Services Canada to better assist individuals wishing to apply for, renew or replace their Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS). As part of the program, BTC can assist with completing and submitting applications, certifying the required documentation and the requisite photographs, eliminating the need for a guarantor.

This service is offered, free of charge, to all persons already registered under the Indian Act on an appointment basis only.

Contact Us

For more information or to make an appointment, please contact us at:
Membership Clerk
[email protected]
(807) 468-5551 Ext. 226

Or Visit Indigenous Service Canada’s Get, renew or replace a status card.


Copyright © 2022 Bimose Tribal Council Inc.