Membership Services (Status Cards)
Membership services we provide are: Life event registrations such as, Births, Deaths, Marriages, Divorces, Name Changes, Amendments, Band Transfers and Certificate of Indian Status (Status Cards). The Membership program assist in the issuance of Certificate of Indian Status Cards and maintaining an Indian Registry System.
Bimose is currently only providing IRA(Indian Registrar Administrator) or Membership Clerk duties to the First Nations we manage: Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation and Wabauskang First Nation. Card stock is being prioritized for the two First Nations.
We are still able to assist in processing births, bill C-3 application, transfer, adoptions, and name change requests for any First Nation.
Please be advised that due to COVID-19, we are currently unable to fulfill requests for Status Cards (emergency exceptions may apply).
Appointments can be booked by calling our office at (807) 468-5551
Acceptable ID over 18 years of age: (2 of the following OR 1 piece and a guarantor form)
- Driver’s License
- Health Card
- Birth Certificate
- Fire Arms License
- Provincial ID Card
- Student ID Card
- Nexus Card (counts as two pieces)
- Passport (counts as two pieces)
- Status Card (recent at least 6 months)
Status card services are by appointment only
- Please note we only provide Membership Services are to Niisaachewan Anishinaabe Nation and Wabauskang First Nation.
- Status Cards can only be issued to an individual twice during a full calendar year period.
- When calling to book your appointment please provide as much information as you can. This includes Date of Birth, Full Name, First Nation, Contact information.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please bring your old Status Card if you have it, don’t wear any hats, sunglasses,or headgear for your photo.
Alternative options to obtain your Certificate of Indian Status is to apply for the Secure CIS by mail or contact your First Nations IRA/Membership Clerk. Other First Nation IRA/s/Membership Clerks may be able to assist at their own discretion.
***PLEASE NOTE: Once you transfer over to the Secure Certificate of Indian Status system you are no eligible to apply for the laminate Certificate of Indian Status.
Forms to apply for a Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) can be found at our Central Office or in the downloads page