- JOB CLOSING DATE: July 22, 2022 5:00 pm
Location: Shoal Lake #40 First Nation
Harvey Redsky Memorial School is accepting applications for a Literacy Teacher. The School Based Literacy Paraprofessional is responsible for the delivery of the Literacy component of the Bimose Tribal Council First Nation Student Success Program Initiative at a school level.
Individuals possessing the following skills are encouraged to apply:
- Maintain the Literacy library
- Provide Literacy interventions to at risk students
- Assist and support language programming
- Assist with the planning and implementation of the Literacy Program
- Assist the classroom teachers with: `
- Setting up of literacy centers
- Organization of classroom literacy resources/libraries
- Use of literacy intervention strategies
- Assist with the delivery of professional development at Harvey Redsky Memorial
- Assist with the collection of all literacy development data
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Post-Secondary Degree is an asset
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Excellent management, planning and organization skills are required
- Experience working with children
- Experience teaching in a First Nations/remote setting
Please submit a cover letter, resume, two (2) references, and copies of credentials to:
Kara Redsky, Lead Teacher
Email: [email protected]
Deadline to submit applications: July 22, 2022
Interviews: August 4, 2022
Start Date: August 22, 2022
Only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7