- Applications will be accepted continuously.
Posted until the position is filled.
The Migisi Sahgaigan School Board is accepting applications for an Elementary Teacher. The Elementary School Teacher is responsible for the overall program delivery in their classroom at Migisi Sahgaigan School. The Elementary School Teacher will ensure students attending have programming and support meeting their own unique educational, emotional, social, and physical needs. This position reports directly to the School Principal/Director.
Individuals possessing the following skills are encouraged to apply:
- Previous experience in the capacity of a classroom teacher.
- Knowing/Understanding of Ontario Curriculum & Guidelines
- Knowledge of Special Education
- Working knowledge of computers
- Knowledge of physical education programming
- Ability to Speak Ojibwe and knowledge Ojibwe culture
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor of Education
- OCT Member in good standing – Primary/Junior Qualifications
- Experience teaching in a First Nation setting
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary Range: $50,000 – $70,000
- Workplace Wellness Grant
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Term Salary Enhancements
- Professional Development
Please forward a detailed resume including a personal philosophy statement of Education, Two (2) references
(including your most recent immediate supervisor), and copies of certificates, diplomas and transcripts to:
Andrew Kivell, Principal/Director of Education
Cell: 807-220-4564 | Email: [email protected]
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information Act and Protection of Privacy Act, candidates should provide a brief letter of permission allowing Migisi Sahgaigan School Board to contact references.
On behalf of the Migisi Sahgaigan School Board – Miigwech to all applicants for indicating their interest in this
position, however; only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7