- JOB CLOSING DATE: December 30, 2022 4:00 pm
REPOST | The position is Open Until Filled
The Economic Development Advisor will provide advisory services to member First Nations served by Bimose Tribal Council. They will establish and develop the Economic Development Program with the formulation, drafting, planning and implementing of economic strategies, development of business plans, business planning and proposal development.
- Assess, advise and facilitate economic development planning initiatives and strategies
- Plan and develop new ventures, businesses, partnerships with Bimose Tribal Council’s communities that reinforce First Nation objectives and visions
- To manage assets of Bimose Tribal Council and Kakina Economic Development Group
- Provide general assistance that support First Nations in developing their economies
- Work with First Nation economic development officers to ensure maximum coordination of federal, provincial funding programs.
- Assist First Nation business, First Nation members as directed by Chief and Council in the maintenance of existing businesses by providing technical and business management services
- Provide continued support for community economic and community development initiatives through service and project management delivery to First Nations within limits of existing resources
- Provide support to First Nation membership to assist in formulating resource management strategies
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Degree or Diploma in the area of Business or Commerce, or Business Development or Administration
- Equivalent work experience in the area of commerce and/or finance is an asset
- Sound analytical, writing and business skills
- Knowledge of First Nation culture and knowledge of Anishinaabemowin would be an asset
- Possess a valid class G driver’s licence and ability to travel
- Obtain a criminal records check
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7