- CONTRACT TYPE: Casual / Relief
- Daycare staff are responsible to provide a clean, caring, safe and educational program for young children in a group setting
- Must have the ability to carry/lift children and carry/lift/move moderately heavy items
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time; to work at the height of the children
- Assist children in maintaining correct hygiene procedures such as washing hands and face; assist and instruct children in mastering basic self-sufficiency skills such as dressing and personal hygiene
- Follow procedures for maintaining health records, hygienic routines, universal precautions and administering medication and first aid
- Report all incidents, injuries and illnesses to the Program Supervisor or designate
- Communicate as needed with family members at drop-off and pick-up times
- Follow licensing and other regulatory requirements
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the children, families and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two-year Early Childhood Education Diploma or a provincially recognized equivalent and membership in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators is preferred
- High School Diploma and minimum one (1) year previous experience in a child care setting may be considered
- Knowledge of the Child Care & Early Years Act and the ability to meet the specifications of the Act
- Current First Aid and infant C.P.R.
- Criminal reference check including vulnerable sector
- Current TB skin test
- Understanding of the Anishinaabe language and culture
We are recruiting for Casual/Relief staff to work in toddler and/or pre-school rooms at the Gaagagegiizhigook Childcare Centre. They will assist with programming and program development under the guidance and leadership of the Child Care Supervisor.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7